PTA Volunteer Opportunities
The PTA is looking for a few good people, just like you.
For volunteer opportunities please email the Volunteer Coordinator.
None of the activities listed below gets done without PTA volunteers like you. Each activity requires a team effort for success.
Listed below are activities the PTA is planning for this year. To volunteer for any of these activities contact the Volunteer Coordinator or watch the PTA Newsletter for a call for volunteers.
Givebacks – These programs are PTA funded and some programs include corporate and personal donations of food items.
- Welcome Back Event – Help with organization and set-up.
- School Pictures – Help with the fall and spring school portraits.
- Fall Festival – Be part of the team that organizes and operates one of the most well attended events of the year.
- Muffins with Mom – Help with organization and breakfast set-up.
- Donuts with Dad – Help with organization and breakfast set-up.
- Wonderful Wednesdays – monthly teacher appreciation lunch.
- PTA Newsletter – Help with production and distribution.
- PTA Reflections Program (National PTA Arts Program) – Help get students excited about submitting original art for a National PTA art contest.
- Spirit Week – Help with promotion and organization.
- Variety Show – Help organize the school talent show.
- Educational Assemblies – Work with the Programs Coordinator on coordinating assemblies like Razzle Bam Boom, Zoo-to-You and others.
- Reward Parties – The PTA provides Pizza & Root Beer Float Parties for Cougar Buck Collection, Box Tops winners and other milestones. The coordination and logistics require a small group of volunteers.
Self-Funding Givebacks – These programs are self-funded with the PTA either netting a small profit or incurring a small loss.
- Ice Cream/Popcorn (25 cents sales) – This is a student favorite and much anticipated weekly event. Volunteers are needed every Thursday for sales and every other Thursday for popping popcorn.
- $1 Programs – Volunteers are needed each Thursday for Smencil and Bookmark sales.
- Holiday Grams – Volunteers are needed to promote, collect, sort and fill orders.
- Cougar Wear – Help to ensure that parents and students can purchase school spirit wear by helping with promotion, tracking sales, delivery and inventory management.
- Yearbook – To make the yearbook the ultimate keepsake we need your help with taking photos, promotion, tracking sales, message cards and taking more photos.
Fundraisers – These fundraisers represent the PTA operating budget. The majority of fundraisers bring in very little money, but every little bit helps.
- Jog-A-Thon – This is the big one. Jog-A-Thon donations set the PTA budget for the following year. The Jog-A-Thon is the financial foundation on which all PTA programs stand. It takes a large group of volunteers to make this a successful event.
- Book Fairs -– All proceeds go to the school library and teacher classroom libraries. The PTA operates a Fall Book Fair, Spring Book Fair and a December Used Book Sale.
- Brick Project – This is an ongoing initiative where parents can purchase an engraved brick, to be placed near the flagpole, and leave and lasting legacy at Crestview Elementary School.
- Holiday Bazaar – This event brings local artists and craft vendors to the school in December, in an effort to bring holiday shopping to you.
- Label and Receipt Collection – Each of these programs requires a coordinator and a team of counters - Box Tops, Tyson Labels, Campbell’s Labels, Fresh & Easy
- Recycle Program – The PTA takes any plastic bottle and aluminum can with a California CRV symbol and turns your trash into a little cash for the PTA.