Lompoc Valley Middle School – Class Syllabus
Course Name: Math 7
Instructor: Mrs. Cuellar
The purpose of Math 7 is to cover the concepts of scale drawings, proportional relationships, measuring circles, percentages, rational number arithmetic, expressions, equations, inequalities, angles, triangles, prisms, probability, and sampling.
- Current text (supplied by LVMS)
- Pencil with eraser
- Falcon binder with agenda in front and 6 tab dividers
*It is suggested that students also bring lined paper daily
Final grades are given based on the following:
Classwork – 20%
Homework – 20%
Quizzes – 25%
Tests – 35%
Class Percentage Earned
Grade Given on Report Card
59% or below
Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated for any reason. Any student who is caught cheating, copying, or any other form of academic dishonesty (including plagiarism) will be given an automatic “zero” on the assignment and further disciplinary action will be taken.
- The number one rule is RESPECT. Students are expected to respect themselves, others, and property.
- Be cooperative.
- Study and do your best (effort = success).
- Verbal warning
- Refocus seat change (refocus form)
- Student-teacher conference
- Parent contact + Minor Incident Report
- Office Referral
Conferences and Teacher Contact Information
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Please sign that you have read and understand this syllabus. Detach this portion and return to Mrs. Cuellar.
Student Name (print)______________________________________