Los Berros VAPA Academy DRESS STANDARD
Reference: California Ed. Code #35183, LUSD Policy #BP5132:
School attire must be conducive to safety, comfort, body coverage, and free from distractions to instructional learning & school activities.
- Must fit the waist and length (belt suggested.)
- No belts or chains hanging from the waist or pockets.
- Pant hems not to extend beyond the heel of the shoe.
- No torn or ripped pants.
- All students who come to school must be prepared for PE & running.
- Tennis shoes are the preferred shoe.
- Shoes must cover the entire foot - no open toe/back/sides.
- No skate shoes of any type.
- No Platform heels, slick soles, boots or sandals.
- Heels should not exceed one inch on any kind of shoe.
- DRESSES, SKIRTS, SKORTS & SHORTS:
- No more than two (2) inches above the knee.
- Recommended that girls wearing dresses/skirts wear shorts under their dress/skirt.
- No bare midriffs, exposed undergarments, spaghetti straps, sheer or halter tops.
- Shirts must be free from gang, drug, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, sexual and violence related references. Students wearing clothing that is determined to be disruptive by a staff member will be referred to the principal for appropriateness.
- No torn or ripped shirts.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn indoors.
- Hats must be worn in the proper way.
- No make-up or eye/face glitter may be worn or carried to school.
- No finger nail polish may be carried to school.
- Students who have hair styles that are deemed to be disruptive will be referred to the principal for determination.